I’d never heard of Zuby before I discovered him on Twitter. I’m not sure I’d enjoy his music as I’m not a fan of hip hop. I’ve looked up the lyrics of some of his songs and they are surprisingly good. But it’s his views on woke and gender ideology that really made me like the guy. Today on Twitter he put out a thread entitled:
There were quite a pearls of wisdom in the entire thread but the first 10 were stellar:
1. Make decisions your future self will thank you for, not resent you for.
2. Somebody you know and love is going to die within the next 10 years. It could even be you. So live accordingly.
3. Respect and honour your parents. If they did a great job, thank them. If they didn’t, forgive and learn from their mistakes.
4. Don’t put your faith in the government or politicians. You will always be disappointed.
5. Practice gratitude daily. Consciously and intentionally.
6. Treat your body with respect. You only get ONE and it has to last a lifetime.
7. Invest consistently. In yourself, with your time, money, and in your relationships.
8. Don’t outsource your thinking to other people. ‘Experts’ are frequently wrong (and often paid to be).
9. Not seeing immediate, obvious progress doesn’t mean you’re not making it. Not seeing immediate, obvious damage doesn’t mean you’re not inflicting it.
10. Be careful with advice. Take it from people who have done and achieved what you wish to do and achieve.
And a bonus item:
11. Health and time are more valuable resources than money.
He is so right. I wish I had know and practiced a lot more of this back in my 20’s. It takes us most of a lifetime to learn these things. It’s awesome that he learned this at such a young age.
One thought on “A Rapper’s Wisdom”
Those are all good advice!