Phase I testing – 5.3 hours and Mrs. Flying Deacon’s hospitalization

I spent a few hours at the airport yesterday.  I went on the longest flight so far which is an hour.  No testing this time just flying.  I was set to fly some more when I found a voice mail left by my wife who wasn’t feeling well so I decided to call it quits and head home.

I was kind of grumpy about it when I called her back.  She said she was having some severe abdominal pains.  When I got home I found her doubled over on the couch in severe pain.  I was still not being as kind as I should have been, demanding to know if she had taken this or that, what she had eaten.  It wasn’t until she was returning from the other room and collapsed in the hallway that the seriousness of the situation became apparent to me.

I tried to help her to her feet while asking her what she was feeling.  She wasn’t responsive for about 15 seconds.  I laid her down on the floor and elevated her legs while trying to get an answer from her, she was finally able to slur some words to me.  I called 911 and had an ambulance and fire department dispatched.  She was still in severe pain when they loaded her up into the ambulance.  About 15 minutes later we were at the hospital.  By the time they had her settled into a bed, all the probes and monitors on her, and asked all the questions of both of us they could possibly ask, she began to feel better.

One blood panel and a few X rays later we were told that they could not find anything wrong with her.  So she was released.  I’m home today keeping an eye on her, at this point we’re hoping it was just something she ate or drank.

I am so grateful to the folks from my church who responded immediately when called to help.  Two women came from church to stay with our kids while we were gone.  Our pastor drove all the way to the hospital (a 45 minute trip one way) just to come pray with us.  In a way I feel bad that I had to impose on everyone this way, but in a bigger way I am so grateful to them and to God that they were there for us.  It’s so good to know that I need not worry in this life or the next because God has provided for us.  Thank you everyone, and thank You God!

2 thoughts on “Phase I testing – 5.3 hours and Mrs. Flying Deacon’s hospitalization

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s