Got a lot accomplished today.
- Fuel pump installed
- Regulator installed
- Engine mounted
- Tachometer mounted and wires run
- Wire loom run from from instrument panel to engine area
- Began wiring regulator
- Carburetor mounted
I also mounted the starter contactor but mounted it in the wrong place so I’ll have to move that and put a bolt through the “lightening hole” I created.
I still have lots of questions that I’ll email to the factory on Monday. Tom would answer my questions all weekend but a guy needs some time off. My questions are:
- How is the carburetor supposed to be oriented?
- Does it have a choke?
- If so, where can I get a choke cable?
- The instructions reference a brown wire on the regulator, but the only wires left are a black wire and a red wire.
I’ll hit Tom up with those on Monday. For now I’ll just keep doing what I can. Tomorrow I’ll try wiring up the instruments. I also need to go back, apply loc-tite to the engine bolts and torque them to the proper values. I’ll have plenty of time tomorrow for that.