Got the good news today that the report came back from my melanoma surgery and they got it all! I can’t tell you what a relief this is. Well, yes I can. I literally cried when I read the results. Then I praised God for carrying me through this. Then I finally cried and was able to truly mourn losing my sister to cancer.
It takes me a while to process things. My brains seems to work on things at a subconscious level. When I have problems at work that I can’t figure out. I go do something else for a while and stop thinking about it. Later, the solution suddenly comes to me. My emotions seem to work the same way. When something happens that would normally cause deep emotions, mine just turn off. I can completely ignore them for days, weeks, or even months. I can continue to function in the most dire of circumstances.
But then one day… It all comes back to me and just releases. Today was one of those days. God has complete lifted these emotional burdens from me. I can think and feel again. I can look at God’s gifts in this moment and be grateful. And in just one day I have these things to be grateful to God for:
- Another year of life.
- The wonderful brownie my daughter baked me and the amazingly sweet birthday card she gave me. Her talent, and just plain ol’ her! I love her.
- Being able to have a quiet lunch with my wife.
- My wife. A woman who helps me, supports me, prays for me, and selflessly loves me. I love her.
- My son. Just because I love him.
- A job that, even though it didn’t go the way I wanted it to today, still supports me and my family, coworkers that care and support me, and a boss that largely stays out of my hair. 🙂
- Another chance tomorrow!
Life is wonderful but God is wonderfuller!
4 thoughts on “Malignant No More!”
Amen Tony! It is indeed!
Happy dance! So happy they got it all out!