Got to spend my first full day of building. We made some pretty good progress. We made a few blunders but overall we did pretty good.
Bluder number 1 was riviting a tube in the wrong place. Scotty just rivits too fast for me to keep up with the book reading. I drilled out the rivet and we riveted the tube in the right place.
Blunder number 2 was putting the vertical stabilizer rudder hinge attach nutplate in the wrong position. I think. It just doesn’t look right. I mounted it in the only pre-drilled hole in that area of the VS spar but it’s up inside the the gusset area. I don’t eve know why I bothered drilling that hole, I only need to construct the frame.
Here’s what we got done today.